valorant patch 4.0: Upcoming Valorant Patch 4.0 weapon changes. Ares finally buffed?: The new Patch 4.0 comes with some major tweaks to some weapons. Let's take a look at how these "tweaks" affect gameplay in future.
According to Riot Games, melee’s been too tricky to aim with which in turn makes it difficult to rely on. The changes aim to solve this issue.
Surprisingly, the first weapon change is a Melee change! Yes, you heard that right!
- Right-click hitboxes are now 1.5x larger.
- Left-click hitboxes are now larger than a right click and have a slightly longer range too.
- Targets closer to the center of your knife attacks will get hit first, so you still have precision if you need it.
- Knifing walls now have an instant feedback when slicing up walls (predicted on the client side)
- Firing error occurs at earlier bullet stages.
- Increased pitch and yaw (vertical and horizontal) recoil multipliers when running/jumping/on ascender from 1.25 >>> 1.5.
- Protected bullet count from yaw (horizontal) switching while spraying, decreased 8 >>>5 bullets Lowering time to switch yaw from .24 >>> .18 seconds.
- While spraying, the time you have until you could switch yaws (horizontal movement) again is lower, meaning it can happen more often
- Removed spin up.
- Firing rate increased from 10 >>> 13. This means that from now on, Ares can fire bullets at the higer speed from the beginning rather than gradually increasing it's speed.
- Removed firing rate penalty on ADS (Aiming Down Sight)
- Added an extra bullet before it enters a recovery curve
- Hip fire rate increased 9.5 >>> 10
- Recovery on burst fire improved from .4 >>> .35
- Inaccuracy is accrued any time the weapon is re-fired prior to a complete duration of a weapon’s respective Gun Recovery Time. Lower recovery time should improve burst fire efficiency.