- How to fix Valorant fps drops?
- How to boost fps in Valorant?
- Valorant fps optimization tips?
Are you also struggling with the above questions? Well, this guide is all you need. We have published this article after crawling many sources like Reddit and other websites. Read on, apply the tricks, and enjoy Valorant in the peak frame rate.
1. Create a restore point
For creating a restore point
- Go to the bottom left-hand side windows icon and click on it.
- When the panel opens, type in 'restore', without Apostrophe and click on 'create a restore point'.
- When the dialogue box opens, select 'C drive' and click on configure.
- When the new dialogue box appears, click on 'Turn on system protection' and set the 'max usage' to around 5%.
- Then, click on 'create' and choose a name that you can remember easily and then click on create.
- Wait for the system to complete and then click on close.
2. Basic optimizations for Valorant fps drops
- Open file explorer and go to local disk c:/the drive in which you installed the game.
- Then go to 'riot games' folder or program files(x__)/riot games.
- Then open the 'live' folder and right-click on 'VALORANT' icon and click on properties.
- Then open the 'compatibility' tab and check 'disable fullscreen optimization' box.
- Then open the 'change high dpi settings' tab and check 'override high dpi scaling behaviour' box.
- Then click on 'OK', and then on 'Apply' followed by 'OK'.
- Then open the 'shootergame' folder and then open 'Binaries' folder.
- Right-click on 'Valorant-win__-shipping' icon and then on properties.
- Then repeat steps 4, 5 and 6.
3. Windows Game Mode
If you are on the latest windows update, then
- Open the windows panel by going on the bottom left-hand side and then type in 'game mode'.
- Open 'game mode settings' and then turn on 'game mode'.
For the next steps you need to download some files from here.
4. Folder optimisation for Valorant fps boost
After downloading the files, OPEN THE FOLDER AND THEN, OPEN
- 'Optimizations' folder followed by 'Process Priority'. (These files set the priority of your game between high, medium, and low, whichever is used. High priority is recommended but if your game crashes, you should try reducing the priority level).
- Then choose the priority you want to give to the game and double click on it, then 'Yes', 'Yes', 'OK'.
- Then close the folder.
B. Registry Optimizations
- Open the FPS folder and then open the optimizations folder.
- Then open 'Reg Optimization' folder and then apply all the registries present.
C. Command Optimization
- Once again open the FPS folder and then the 'command' text file.
- Then copy the command on the top and then paste the command in the command prompt (administrator).
5. Device Manager optimisation for Valorant fps fix
- Open 'Device manager' by opening the windows panel and typing 'manager'.
- Inside the device manager, expand the 'system devices' tab.
- Right-click on 'High precision event timer' and then click on 'Disable Device' and then close the device manager.
- If you were not able to follow the above steps, then open the 'Valorant FPS' folder and then open the 'Command' and then copy the 'Disable HPET' command.
- Open CMD as administrator and then paste the copied command there and press enter.
If you do by command prompt, you need to restart your machine.
6. In Game Optimizations
Then, go to the video tab and select the native screen resolution of your monitor with the highest FPS possible.
If you are playing on a low-end machine then limit the FPS in the below-given tabs for a smooth and constant experience.
IF YOU FIND THE PICTURES UNCLEAR, THEN YOU CAN ALSO FIND THE STEPS IN THE FOLDER.
7. Task Manager Optimization
- After following the above steps and pictures, open Task Manager and go to the Details tab.
- Then right-click on Valorant icon.
- Them go on CPU affinity, and uncheck CPU0, as CPU0 is reserved for basic windows operations and if those operations are interfered by the game then ultimately the game would be affected and lag.
8. Installed Game Optimisation
- Open File explorer/windows panel and type in '%appdata%' and press enter.
- Then go one folder back and open the 'local' folder.
- Then open the 'Valorant' folder and then 'saved' folder.
- Then open 'config' folder and then open the first folder followed by 'windows' folder.
- Then open 'GameUserSettings' configuration file and then navigate down to 'sg.ResolutionQuality=100.0000'.
- Change the value to:
- HIGH END: 80-100
- MEDIUM END: 65-80
- LOW END: 35-65
- ULTRA LOW END: 10-35
9. Battery Optimisation
- After that open the 'edit power plan' from the windows panel.
- Expand 'advanced power plan' option and then choose 'ultimate performance'.
More To Explore: 5 facts about Pokimane that a very few people know
While we have tried our best to include everything about Valorant fps optimization and fps drops, we might have missed a few points. Well, in that case, please let us know about this in the comments below or on our social media channels [Facebook, Instagram], so that everyone is benefited. Do let us know about how you boosted and rectified Valorant fps drops.