It has been a few days since BGMI (Battlegrounds Mobile India) was launched. The game was launched in early access, which means that BGMI still might have bugs and run into problems, which is quite normal. Talking about the bugs, BGMI users have been facing a new issue with the error message 'Network connection not initialized' when trying to change graphics settings or in fact, any other settings.
BGMI has also run into some other similar issues (internet related), out of which the most prominent ones are the 'BGMI map download error' and the 'Matchmaking error'. Users have not been able to start matchmaking in other maps except Erangel, making the game almost unplayable. But hey, we have found the solution for you. Keep on reading if BGMI is not working for you too.
How to fix BGMI map download error?
The solution is quite simple, and you just need to download an app, and the BGMI map download error will be fixed just like that. Follow the step by step guide below.
- Download and install 'ZArchiver' app from Play Store.
- Open the app
- Go to Android > data > com.pubg.imobile
- This is the game folder of BGMI
- Go to Files > UE4Game > ShadowTrackerExtra > Saved
- Again, go to Paks
- Search for files starting with game_patch
- You will get three files that start with game_patch in the Paks folder.
- Select all three files starting with game_patch
- Long press on one of the files to start selecting
- Delete the files
Warning: Do not delete any other Pak file than the three mentioned above, as it will corrupt your game.
Open BGMI and try to download the maps. You should have solved the BGMI map download error if you followed the above steps.
Next up, we will see what we can do with the Network connection not initialized error.
What is Network connection not initialized error?
This particular error in BGMI is appearing when you try to download just anything in-game, be it maps, resource packs, and even while updating settings. The devs have officially acknowledged it and said that they are working on the fix.
The devs said, "Dear BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE INDIA players, We've identified an issue where resources cannot be downloaded and matched except Erangel and Arcade mode. We are currently trying to determine the cause of this problem and will announce you further if the problem is resolved.
We apologize for the inconvenience."
How to fix Network connection not initialized error?
The solution to this issue too is quite simple, you just have to:
- Tap on the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen and go to 'SETTINGS'
- Tap the 'LOG OUT' button
- Tap the 'REPAIR' button at the right-hand side of the screen
- Tap the 'OK' button (ensure that the checkbox for 'Routine Repair' is marked) and the patch will be installed
- Close the app, restart the game and log-in to play
I hope the above-mentioned fixes will solve both the issues, 'Network connection not initialized' and 'BGMI map download error'.