- Players all over the world are facing the VAC verification issue.
- VAC was unable to verify your game session?
- If you are facing the issue after the Steam crash, here are the possible fixes.
We have faced multiple CSGO bugs after the 'Trusted Launch' update. Recently, playing CSGO has been a very tough job. You never know if you will be able to play the game after a long day at work. Sometimes you have Trusted Launch issue while Trust Factor issues at other times. And now, after a major Steam crash on August 6, 2020, we have a new issue.
Players from all around the world are facing the infamous 'VAC verification issue', even if they have not done anything illegal. The new issue is not just for a particular map or a particular game mode, as was the case with CSGO matchmaking error fix after 7/23/2020 update. And the most frustrating thing is that the old proven methods to fix VAC verification issues are not working. However, we have compiled the possible fixes for this VAC verification issue. There is not a single-shot solution for the issue, but you can try these until Steam addresses this.
VAC verification issue possible fixes
- Overwrite SteamService.exe
- Verify game files
- Reinstall Steam
- Other methods
VAC was unable to verify your game session?
These things might help:
Redditors have fixed this VAC verification issue just by replacing a game file. You can also try the steps below and see if it works.
- Go to your Steam program files on windows. [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam]
- Go into your bin folder and find the SteamService.exe file. [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin]
- Copy the file SteamService.exe
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\commonfiles\steam
- Copy and replace the existing file.
- Restart Steam
Make sure that you close Steam by going to the Task Manager.
Verify game files:
You might have heard this a thousand times. But trust me, just re-verifying the games has helped a large number of players. Here is how to do it:
- In the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Go to Local files tab and then Verify integrity of game files...
Verifying the game files might take several minutes depending on your PC. Make sure that you have installed the game on SSD, if you have one, to reduce the time.
Other techniques to fix VAC verification issue:
If the above mentioned steps didn't fix the issue, you can try these.
- Get the beta 188.8.131.52
- Restart your computer
- Reinstall Steam
Troubleshooting and Footnote
We have tried to list all the possible fixes for the latest CSGO issue. Do let us know if we have missed something or if something else solved the problem for you. The 'Over SteamService.exe' method was suggested by MotoNomadic on Reddit.