Riot Games updates Valorant Points(VP) prices starting from September: Riot Games has announced the revised Valorant Points prices which will be introduced in-game starting from September.
Riot Games has decided to increase the average price of Valorant Points in nine countries while decreasing the price in one country. The official Riot Games newsletter said, "Brazil, Latin America, Russia, and Turkey will see increased prices due to exchange rates and tax changes." The main reason for the increased prices in countries like Brazil, Latin America, Russia and Turkey is the exchange rates and tax changes. Tax rates in Brazil and Turkey have been increased making it difficult for companies like Riot Games to offer their services at the same cost.
These changes will be live from 8th September 2021. However, Riot Games is providing a VP points bonus increase where it is providing double bonus VP to all the countries regardless of whether they're affected by the price changes or not. This bonus is valid from August 23rd to September 8th. "Example: In VALORANT the 1900 VP bundle will grant 300 bonus VP (normally this is 150 bonus VP)"
VALORANT Price Changes starting from 8th September 2021:
- Brazil: +15% average price increase
- Colombia: +11% average price increase
- Costa Rica: +16% average price increase
- Mexico: +17% average price increase
- Chile: +16% average price increase
- Uruguay: +17% average price increase
- Peru: +15% average price increase
- Russia: +6% average price increase
- Turkey: +17% average price increase
- Europe (for EUR, GBP & HUF currencies only): -5% average price decrease