The Esports Club has announced TEC Invitational Valorant 2021 today. The invitational starts from tomorrow.
The Valorant esports scene in India is growing rapidly, 2020 saw a huge number of tournaments. It seems like 2021 is going to be no different. It's just the second week of 2021 and we already have ESPL Valorant India Power Up going on, plus one more tournament has been announced today.
The Esports Club has announced its first Valorant event of 2021. The new TEC Valorant Invitational 2021 will have 8 invited teams competing for a prize pool of Rs 3,00,000 INR. The favorites of the tournament are going to be Global Esports, and XTZ Esports, as Team Mahi is not participating. GodLike Esports is also a strong contender backed by Deathmaker himself. Moreover, they have recently got their bootcamp.
Invited teams in the TEC Invitational Valorant 2021
- Global Esports: the runners up of TEC Challenger Series 2 and 5
- XTZ Esports: Runners up of TEC Series 3, champions of Acer Predator League
- Paratroops: Another Underdogs team led by popular Streamer Binks
- Team Villainous: A consistent team that was able to rank in the top 10 in most of the tournaments
- GodLike Esports: The Runners up of TEC Series 4
- Reckoning Esports: A young and rising team, runners of Valorant Agni Series
- Chilling with friends: The team led by Mohit 'mw1' Wakle which made its first appearance in Series 5, gave a good fight and defeated the Series 4 Champion Team Tamilas
- Ah Yeah Gaming: A team made by veterans of CSGO like T1to, Pashasahil, finished 6th in the TEC Series 5
Players to watch out for in the TEC Valorant Invitational 2021
- Saloni 'Meow16K' Pawar: Playing for Ah Yeah Gaming. She recently rose to fame after a successful show in Skyesports League.
- Whimp: Playing for XTZ Esports. Whimp has recently joined XTZ and might put up a good show.
- ayaNq: Playing for Reckoning Esports. Young ayaNq is deadly when it's his day and he has got an Operator.
The tournament format has not yet been announced, we will update the story once we have the info.