- AMD SETTINGS/ AMD RADEON SETTINGS
- BEST OPTIMIZATION GUIDE
- AMD GAMING SETTINGS
1. UPDATING DRIVERS
- First step in optimizing your machine is always updating to the latest drivers for you machine. you can download them from here.
- Download and install the latest AMD Drivers.
- Restart your machine
- First step done, congrats XD
2. AMD SETTINGS/ RADEON SOFTWARE OPTIMIZATION
- Right-click on your desktop and open 'AMD Radeon Software'.
A. GAMING TAB OPTIMIZATION
- Then navigate to 'GAMING' tab from the above 3 tabs.
- Then click on 'Global Graphics', which is just below the 'Games' tab and just above 'INSTALLED' tab.
- Then click on 'eSports' tab and scroll down to further customize it.
- Radeon anti-lag: Enabled
- Radeon Chill: Disabled
- Radeon Boost: Disabled
- Radeon Image Sharpening: Enabled
- Sharpness: Set around 70-80%
- Wait for vertical refresh; Always off
- Then, expand the 'Advanced' tab below it and
- Anti-Analysing: Use application settings
- Anti- Analysing method: Multisampling
- Morphological Anti-Analysing: Disabled
- Anisotropic Filtering: Disabled
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: Enabled
- Tessellation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tessellation Level: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Disabled
- Reset Shader Cache: AMD store your recently played game's cache so that your games load faster. So it is recommended to clear once in every 7-8 months/or whenever you change your games loadout.
B. DISPLAY TAB OPTIMIZATION
- Then go to 'Display Tab' and,
- Radeon Freesync: Disabled
- Virtual Super Resolution: Disabled
- GPU Scaling: Disabled
- Scaling mode: Full panel
- Vari-Bright: Disabled
- Custom colours: Do as per your personal preference as these does not affect FPS.
C. VIDEO TAB OPTIMIZATION
- Then go to 'Video tab' and set it as Default.
PANEL SETTINGS ARE NOW COMPLETE AND YOU NEED TO DO A FEW MORE MINOR CHANGES FOR BEST FPS.
3. GAME MODE OPTIMIZATION
- Open windows panel by clicking on the windows icon on the bottom left corner and type 'Game Mode'
- Open game mode and turn it off.
4. DISPLAY SETTING FOR REFRESH RATE
This is not a FPS boost but many people tend to forget it.
- Open 'Display Settings' from settings or by right clicking on your desktop.
- Scroll down and open 'Advanced display settings'.
- Then open 'Display adaptor properties for Display 1/2' any one that you use as your main screen.
- Then, go to 'Monitor' tab on the new opened window.
- Set the refresh rate to maximum, from the drop down menu.
5. REGISTRY EDITOR OPTIMIZATION
- Open windows panel by clicking on the windows icon on the bottom left corner and type 'Regedit'.
- Then open the 'Registry Editor' from the menu.
- Then go to 'edit' from the top menu and click on find or simply Press 'CTRL+F'.
- Type in 'ulps' and click on 'find next'.
- If your system does not find the key named 'Enable Ulps', it means your machine does not support ULPS and you need not do anything.
- If your system finds key named 'Enable Ulps', then double click on it and change the value to '0'. This will disable the key.
THAT'S ALL FOR THIS GUIDE.