Valorant has surprisingly released patch 2.01 very sooner. The patch has brought really big changes to Split. Saying a complete rework won't be wrong.
Split was that one map which had so many 50-50 check areas, anything could happen. A lot of people in the competitive scene had been complaining about the map, Split. Now, we have so many changes in Split in patch 2.01 that we can say it's a complete overhaul.
The new changes have made the map much more balanced now. Split was very defender-centric earlier. The new updates are expected to bring a lot of space for the attackers.
Split changes in Valorant patch notes 2.01
This Split update is focused around improving attacker options on the map, as well as reducing 50/50 checks, the depth of certain corners, and opening specific areas on the map by increasing chokepoint widths.
- This should make the space easier to navigate for attackers, and make it more difficult for defenders to stall Attackers in the choke point. There is a crate for attackers to utilize on the other side of the doorways as cover, which allows for utility to be thrown into the site from a new angle.
On top of the changes to B Main, there is an additional trash pile placed in the corner to prevent defenders from hiding in too deep a nook
- This creates a new angle into B Main when standing on the new object.
- This allows a new Spike plant location for attackers to defend from within B Main.
- This also breaks up a vertical 50/50 angle when peeking into the site from B Main.
- The new sloped wall also protects you from wall penetration coming from Mid.
- This should make the map feel more open and allow you to push through and clear this area without having to rely as heavily on utility.
- This change should increase the value of controlling A Ramps.
- This allows the back corner to be cleared slightly earlier from attackers. This angle is still safe from the A Tower, however you can now successfully clear this spot by stepping out onto the Rafters without having to drop down towards site.