- Valorant patch notes 1.08 has been released today.
- Rage has received a light nerf, and some updates.
- Guardian has been buffed to make it more affordable.
- Rage's Satchel no longer damages allies.
After the heavy 1.07 patch, the new 1.08 Valorant patch released today is a lighter one. Rage has received a slight nerf, while the guardians of the Guardian can rejoice a bit. They have also fixed the randomized map rotation, which had been bugging the players for quite a time now. The devs are also looking for ways to make changes in the Operator.
Rage nerfed in the Valorant Patch notes 1.08
There is a little reduction in the radius of Rage's blast pack. They have also taken the Satchel into account, it no longer harms allies. Happy flying!
Guardian's price reduced, fire rate buffed
They have also buffed the Guardian. The weapon's price has been reduced from 2500 to 2400, and its fire rate has also been increased.
Operator is likely to get nerfed soon
We know that this weapon can feel very oppressive to play against, often leaving players feeling like there is no hope when attacking. We agree that the Operator is likely having an outsized impact on match outcomes and are testing a suite of changes to address this issue.Max “Orcane” Grossman, Lead Agent Designer
They want to make sure that they are making the right call by nerfing the Operator, since it is an important weapon. So they are giving these changes a bit more time to soak internally to make sure that they get them just right.
Full Valorant Patch Notes 1.08, released today
The notes have been taken directly from the official website of Valorant, and they are unedited.
- Initial damage reduced to 15, with an internal radius of 0.2m and drops to a minimum damage of 5.
- When the charge hits the ground, it arms after 0.5 seconds and increases its maximum damage to 50.
- Firing the explosive package causes it to detonate and deal its current amount of damage. -Charge no longer damages allies.
- Guardian Upgrade
- Lowered its price from 2500 >>> 2400.
- Improved its rate of fire from 4.75 >>> 5.25 BPS (rounds per second).
- Weapon recovery improved from 0.35 after 3 rounds to 0.2925 after 3 rounds.
Map Rotation Changes
The possible group of maps they can appear in is now ''almost'' random, rather than entirely.
That means, if they've just played Haven, matchmaking will de-prioritize that map in the next game.
We made an update to matchmaking all modes so that it measures all the maps you have recently played on in each mode.
In that sense, for each determined mode: They will have a better chance of playing on a map that they haven't played recently. They will be less likely to play the same map multiple times in a row.
- Matchmaking queue for all modes has been updated to measure all your recently played maps, throughout all modes, so that for any given queue you:
- Have a better chance of playing on a map you haven’t played recently
- Are much less likely to play on the same map several games in a row
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Observers will now see a timer rather than their screen being obscured when observing a player who is blinded
- Minimap performance improvements
- The social panel will now pause sorting while you’re hovering or interacting with it
- Updated verbiage in the All Ranks modal in the Career page to be more consistent with Competitive overtime rules
- Prime Classic VFX fixed
- Fixed a bug where the End of Game screen would display a “Still processing” message, and then wouldn’t show that match in your Career tab
- Fixed a bug where “High Skill Disparity” would display in Custom Game Lobbies